Refugee Family Reunion
As a Refugee you can apply for your spouse and minor children to be reunited with you in the UK. You would act as a sponsor for your family members.
How we workFind out more about how we work
What are the requirements for an application for family members to join refugees in the UK?
The requirements for family reunion for the spouse and minor children of a refugee are:
- You were married or in a civil partnership before you fled your country
- If you are not married you lived with your partner for 2 years in a relationship akin to a marraige before you fled
- You and your spouse/partner intend to live together permantly in the UK
- Your spouse/partner would not fall for exclusion under Article 1F of the Refugee Convention
- Your child is under the age of 18
- Your child is not living an independent life and was living as part of your family before you fled
- Your child is not married or in a civil partnership
What else do you need to know
What else do I need to know about family reunion
An application for a Refugee Family Reunion can be very complex so it is advisable that you seek the help of an immigration ;awyer before you make an application. Our immigration lawyers can offer you step-by-step guidance with your Family Reunion Visa application. We can assess whether you and your family members qualify and can help you to prepare and lodge your application.
We can help you with as much or as little advice and assistance as you need with tailored packages or individual services giving you flexibility to chose all the assistance you need when you need it. You’ll also have the benefit of access to our innovative client portal, giving everything you need at your fingertips.