Immigration Advice Centre Ltd

Specialists in Immigration and Asylum Law

01642 219222

Immigration Advice Centre Ltd
Specialists in Immigration and Asylum Law

Student Visit Visa

We offer expert professional immigration advice on all your UK Immigration and Asylum matters.

Get Advice From An Expert Now

Student Visit Visa

Anyone from a visa national country wishing to enter the UK for a student visit must apply for a visa or entry clearance before travelling.  Non-visa nationals are not required to apply for a student visitor visa before entering the UK and are able to apply at port for a student visitor visa to enter and visit the UK (please see below for those wishing to study english). In most circumstances a student visit visa will be granted for a maximum of 6 months. However, since January 2011 the UKVI have offered a concession to students wishing to study English Language courses only. Students can now apply for a student visit visa for entry to the UK to study an English course and the visa will be granted for up to 11 months. Non-visa nationals are required to apply for a student visitor visa from their home country prior to travelling if they intend to study on an English course during their visit.

An applicant for a student visa must:

  • leave the UK at the end of the period of the visit:

  • maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants without using public funds

  • meet the cost of the return or onward journey

  • have been accepted on a course of study provided by a UKVI approved institution.

The applicant must not:

  • take employment

  • produce goods or provide services within the UK

  • undertake a course of study at a maintained school

  • be a child under the age of 18

  • intend to marry or form a civil partnership

  • intend to give notice of marriage or civil partnership

  • intend to receive private medical treatment

  • be in transit to a country outside the common travel area

  • do any of the activities of a business, sports or entertainer visitor – for more information on these categories see links on right.

If you require further assistance with student visitor visa applications or appeals please contact us on 44 (0)1642 219222 or email us at There may be a charge for advice provided by email or telephone. Please see our email/telephone advice page for more details  

Get In Touch

Phone Number

+44 (0) 1642 219222

Office Location

Immigration Advice Centre Ltd
Newham House
1st Floor, Rear Suite
96-98 Borough Road

Regulated by the Officer of the Immigration Service Commissioner F201100378

Accredited with The Law Society Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme